Saturday 19 April 2008

Janes 40th

What a weekend! It was the ever gorgeous Jane Jones 40th Birthday Bash at Cronulla over the weekend just gone, and it has taken me this long to get over it! Nah, just joking, I wish, but the ole system feels a little drained though!

Before the Road Trip

It was such a great weeknd, a few little glitches, but over all a fantastic weekend! Jaimee & I had the honour of meeting the every gorgeous Kerry from Newy Airport! And by gosh I was shocked at how tall and gorgeous she is! I was so excited to meet her, I was feeling quite butterflyee in the tummy! It was so bloody good to finally meet her! So I drove Kerry to Sandy's where we all had dinner and man oh man so many laughs! It was such a great let your hair down night! Then back to my house for a relatively early night 10pm, as we had a big day the next day!
Kerry & I (Love this pic)

So up bright and early, thanks to my kidlets, Jaimee and Sandy arrived around 9am, then off we set for Sydney at 9.30am. We introduced Kerry to Miss Satnav and even our Aussie version! Think she liked that one better! We arrived in Cronulla around 12pm. Checked in, dropped off our luggage and pressies and headed off down the foreshore for something to eat! Oh gosh the food is just jummo! We had sourdough bread with butter and crushed herbs & pistashio nuts and we all had some form of a Caeser Salad! So nice, washed down with two Kaluha's and Milk! Perfect! We then briefly met up with Vita and Annette before we went back to the room to meet up with Jane & Marcela, gasbag, Jane opened her pressies, then we wandered off down the beach for a little while. Come dinner time we all headed out to Opah's (Greek Yum Cha) if you have never had it before I suggest you go!
I love this photo of Jane & I
It was the best meal I have had in such a long time! The dinner, the girls, the atmosphere, the night was wonderful! Could have stayed there all night. Then we had the best dessert ever, a huge platter of all different chocolate desserts. I fell in love with the Chocolate Cremem Brulee!
All the gang at dinner!
Though I was a little disappointed that the night ended there and we all went back to the room! I was so pumped to go and have a few drinks, laughs and let my hair down! But all the same it was still nice to be out, and hanging with the girls.

The ever hilarious Sandy!


Sunday saw us all rise, luckily for the early night, with no hangovers! So we headed up the mall to a lovely little cafe and had a big breaky! It was so good! Then we all headed into the City to show Vita the Opera House, The Rocks, Circular Quay, and the Harbour Bridge! I so enjoyed walking around the city, taking photo's, no children to stress about, just us girls hanging and enjoying each other! The afternoon got a little stressful, but all turned out well in the end, Vita & Kerry jumped on a train and headed back to the airport. Boo Hoo, so going to miss those girls. Vita was so damn cute, a huge cutie, you just couldn't help but giggle along with her, and Kerry, well, I felt as if I had been friends with Kerry all my life, I had an instant bond with Kerry before the trip, but it was so reconfirmed for me meeting her in real life! She is gorgeous, funny and can't wait to do this all over again! Sandy, Jaimee and I then went and grabbed a coffee and a bite to eat before we headed back to reality! I am so please that I have met these girls, all are unique in their own way and I love them all! So girls when are we doing it again? I am hanging out and my diary is dying to know!

All of Day 1

I soooooo miss you girls and these photo's are making me nostalgic!

Mostly Day 2

Thanks for a great weekend Sandy, Kerry, Jane, Jaimee, Marcela, Vita, & Annette. Thanks Sandy for driving again, I so owe you one, thanks Dr Jaimee I love you so much, Thanks Kerry and Vita for making the huge effort to meet up with us, you girls are just to die for, of course thanks Jane for giving us another excuse to get together and taking time out of your hectic life to spend a weekend with us, thanks Marcela you gorgeous minx for meeting up with us, I so love your new hair do! And thanks Annette for booking the Rydges for us and Opahs' for dinner, I don't think I would want to stay or eat anywhere else! So three cheer to all of us! What a weekend! I am sooooo missing you all!
Take care and hope to chat soon
Love Lisxx

6 comments:

Jaimee said...

hey Lisa, great pics and review. I too had a fabbo trip away with you guys! love ya too! Muuuwahhh!

ps Janes gonna kill you when she sees that butt shot here! lol lol

Jaimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

marcela said...

Lisa it was a pleasure to see you too!!! Had wonderful time and like i told Jaimee i plan on visiting you chicks next month maybe, so be ready coz i'm commmmming :)

ps. thank for the compliment ( i love my ne do too;))

Kristine said...

Thanks so much for posting your weekend up here. Feels like I was almost there! You look like you all had a ball. :)

Annette said...

Beautiful pictures Lis, i so love the photo of you and Jane - what gorgeous light.