Happy Australia Day Everyone.
First up though, Grant, the boys and I put our Aussie Tats on, to start our Aussie Day!
We headed off around 8.30pm. A great Aussie day filled with great friends, laughter, good times, Aussie Food, our kids, and a little alcohol to add that zing in life....
Go Aussies Go!!!!
Hope you all had a great Aussie Day!!!
So to finish off the day I found this:
60 Reasons You Know You Are Australian When
1. You know the meaning of the word 'girt'.
2. You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.
3. You think it's normal to have a leader called Kevin.
4. You waddle when you walk due to the 53 expired petrol discount vouchers stuffed in your wallet or purse.
5. You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.
6. You believe it is appropriate to put a rubber in your son's pencil case when he first attends school.
7. You understand that the phrase 'a group of women wearing black thongs' refers to footwear and may be less alluring than it sounds.
8. You pronounce Melbourne as 'Mel-bin'.
9. You pronounce Penrith as 'Pen-riff'.
10. You believe the 'l' in the word ' Australia ' is optional.
11. You can translate: 'Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca onthe way to Maccas.'
12. You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.
13. You call your best friend 'a total bastard' but someone you really, truly despise is just 'a bit of a bastard'.
14. You think 'Woolloomooloo' is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.
15. You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife.
16. You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that's twice as big as its $2 coin.
17. You understand that 'Wagga Wagga' can be abbreviated to 'Wagga' but 'Woy Woy' can't be called 'Woy'.
18. You believe that cooked-down axlegrease makes a good breakfast spread.
19. You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.
20. Hamburger. Beetroot. Of course.
21. You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels' song Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again.
22. You believe, as an article of faith, that the confectionary known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.
23. You still don't get why the 'Labor' in 'Australian Labor Party' is not spelt with a 'u'.
24. You wear ugh boots outside the house.
25. You believe, as an article of faith, that every important discovery in the world was made by an Australian but then sold off to the Yanks for a pittance.
26. You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.
27. Whatever your linguistic skills, you find yourself able to order takeaway fluently in every Asian language.
28. You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude, while 'scuse me' is always polite.
29. You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.
30. You understand that 'you' has a plural and that it's 'youse'.
31. You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle.
32. Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.
33. You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call 'Anzac cookies'.
34. You still think of Kylie as 'that girl off Neighbours'.
35. When returning home from overseas, you expect to be brutally strip-searched by Customs - just in case you're trying to sneak in fruit.
36. You believe the phrase 'smart casual' refers to a pair of black tracky-daks, suitably laundered.
37. You understand that all train timetables are works of fiction.
38 When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse whenever they order low-alcohol beer.
39. You get choked up with emotion by the first verse of the national anthem and then have trouble remembering the second.
40. You find yourself ignorant of nearly all the facts deemed essential in the government's new test for migrants.
41. You know, whatever the tourist books say, that no one says 'cobber'.
42. You love Vegemite on toast, sangas, anything.
43. That we definately do live in a sunburnt country.
44. Theres nothing better than a backyard Barbie, a few coldies and great friends (and flies)
45. You’re familiar with Neighbours, Home and Away, Playschool, A Country Practice, Norman Gunston, Barry Humphries, Blue Heelers, Ray Martin, Bert Newton, Lisa McCune, Jon Burgess, Number 96, Molly Meldrum, Kerry O’Brien, and of course, Kerry Packer and Rupert Murdoch.
46. You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto etc.
47. You know that backyard cricket is a nice way to bond with family and the rubbish bin. There’s no lbw in backyard cricket, and over the fence is out. And the ‘one bounce, one hand’ rule always applies.
48. You feel obliged to spread salty black stuff that looks like congealed motor oil on bread… and actually grow to like it. You’ve also squeezed Vegemite through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.
49. You've had an argument with your mate over whether Ford or Holden makes the better car!
50. You know that there is a universal place called “woop woop” located in the middle of nowhere… no matter where you actually are.
51. You know that Sydney or Melbourne should be the capital, because Canberra is a hole.
52. You know that Americans think we’re all Steve Irwin clones. And crikey, they couldn’t be more wrong.
53. You have the ability to compress several words into one - i.e. “g’day” and “d’reckn?” This allows more space for profanities.
54.You’ve ever used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet - to mean good. And then you place “bloody” in front of it when you REALLY mean it.
55. You know that the barbeque is a political arena; the person holding the tongs is always the boss and usually a man. And the women make the salad.
56. You’ve sucked your tea/coffee/Milo through a Tim Tam and you call it a Tim Tam Bomb or a Tim Tam Slam.
57. You see people walking bare-foot on the sidewalk and don’t scorn…. because you’re doing it too.
58.You have a story that somehow involves an excessive consumption of booze… but you can’t remember.
59. You know that the value of a public holiday is measured in terms of alcohol. God bless the queen and her 4-day birthday.
60. And you will immediately forward this list to other Australians, here and overseas, realising that only they will understand.
HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE! I"M AN AUSSIE AND BLOODY PROUD OF IT!!!!