Sunday 12 August 2007

I love Sundays!

Its only been a few days since I last posted, rarity for me, but have been quite busy with finishing off cleaning my now clean and fresh house and it feel absolutely wonderful to hae such tidy house, clears the mind too! I had the carpets cleaned on Friday, blessing in disguise, now to keep the kids off it with food and drink, any thoughts on that one! I completed the August Jenni Bowlin Challenge this morning too, really really enjoying Janes challenges at TSE, and it will be nice to have a completed Book of Me at the end. Also spent Friday afternoon cleaning out the backroom, resorting all my scrap supplies again, had purchased four cane baskets during the week and managed to fill the whole four, least now my scrap area and the backroom looks alot more tidier and functional! Just need to buy me some more of those wire paper racks - I have one in cream which I bought second hand from TSE over 6 months ago, and in desperate need of at least two more. Will have to keep searching!
Yesterday I worked at the Beauty Salon, and what a busy day that was, massages, facials, brow waxing, lash tints and eyebrow tints, then I also helped the girls with shampoo and conditioning the hair clients and the poor girls were run off their feet! Got home at 2pm and was exhausted. Though Janet offered me a permanent one day per week next year, so will definately be taking that as Travis will be in Kindergarten and Coop will be off to Preschool! Miss the Beauty industry, be nice to dabble for a day each week instead of every now and then!
Today is Sunday, I just love Sundays, would have to be my favourite day of the week. No work, just a leisure day to do whatever whenever. I promised myself I would get some more scrapping done today, always relaxing and nice to take time out for myself, also have my bestie (27 years of friendship) Janey, coming over today! Will be nice to hang out and just natter like we always do. Can't believe that we have been friends and the closest of, for 27 years. We were joined at the hip and became inseperable throughout our Primary years, then her family moved to Quirindi (near Tamworth) when we hit highschool, so most school holidays saw one of us visiting for a week at a time. Of course there were those lengthy letters back and forth in between. We have seen alot together, endured alot together, shared alot together, and I still love her with all my heart! She is a sister to me, part of our family! Well she has been in it long enough! Boy 27 years, that makes me feel old. But how many people out there can say they have been friends with someone since they were 4years old and still the closest of friendships 27 years on. So looking forward to spending some time with her today!

The weather at the moment is absolutely gorgeous too, enjoying this warmer weather, and having the kids play outside in the sun, really enlivens the body and soul. Can't wait for Spring! Hope you all have a lovely weekend and I will certainly be enjoying today!
Love to you all
Lisxx

3 comments:

AnnetteL said...

Gorgeous LO Lis as always - love your journalling! And wow what an amazing friendship you share with your friend of 27 years, you are both very lucky!!

Kathleen Pitt said...

Oh loving this LO you have done here Lisa, hats off to you my friend!

Jane Ettia Jones said...

i so love how you did this page for the challenge. Also isn't it the bestest feeling to get everything clean.